Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS Env Mgr_user access

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor Go
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Env Mgr_user access

Hi All,

I dont want sas users to access environment manager except sas administrators !

how can i make this happen? I (sas-admin) removed all the roles&groups attached to myslef and now i became 'sas user' not 'sas admin' and i can login to sas env mgr, I dont want this happen 

and one more basic question regarding a groups/roles in smc--> if a group doesnt consist any roles at all, the group is invalid ? does it make sense to have a group without roles ?

for example "SAS Environment Manager Super Guests" doesnt have any roles... then this group make any sense ? if yes HOW ??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-25-2016 03:24 PM
Super User

Re: SAS Env Mgr_user access

[ Edited ]

SAS Environment Manager Super Users is a SAS-defined metadata group that has its own native capability - accessing and maintaining Env Mgr. See here for a more detailed explanation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0nwcxbelfbig9n1ouz5j...

If you want to restrict access to SAS Administrators then the easiest way is probably to create a new Administrators group in your SAS metadata, then add SAS Adminstrators AND SAS Environment Manager Super Users to this new group. That way you will be able to administer both your SMC SAS and Env Mgr environments using one metadata definition. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-25-2016 03:24 PM
Super User

Re: SAS Env Mgr_user access

[ Edited ]

SAS Environment Manager Super Users is a SAS-defined metadata group that has its own native capability - accessing and maintaining Env Mgr. See here for a more detailed explanation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0nwcxbelfbig9n1ouz5j...

If you want to restrict access to SAS Administrators then the easiest way is probably to create a new Administrators group in your SAS metadata, then add SAS Adminstrators AND SAS Environment Manager Super Users to this new group. That way you will be able to administer both your SMC SAS and Env Mgr environments using one metadata definition. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation