BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gmassamo
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I created a silent install for SAS Enterprise Guide 9.4 using a response file and it installs with no issues, however I work in application packaging and following this field best practices I would like to replace the hard coded path in the response file line "SAS_INSTALLATION_DATA=\\our packagin server\licensefile.txt(for example, this is the same path where the response file is located)" with a variable or something so the file contains no hard coded paths. Are there any variables or something I can use in the response file that indicate the same path where the response file is located so I can avoid using hard coded paths?

thank you for your attention.

regards.

2 REPLIES 2
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

someone correct me please if I am wrong, but as far as I know, this is not possible.

You maye want to run it by TS to see if they might have a possible solution or more info on that.

Thanks

Anja

ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

To be sure, SAS EG 6/7 can be installed in two ways :

1. using SAS Deployment Wizard and a SASDepot

2. with SAS EG independent installation package (~ MSI format ) See. appendix A in the reference below :

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

SAS EG independent installer can be found inside the SASDepot itself :

<SAS Depot root folder>\standalone_installs\

Either ways no. 1 & 2 can use silent installs with Response properties but neither (officially) can invoke environment variables storing installation paths, or something approaching which would answer your need like for instance :

SET SYS_VAR_HOME=<choose one>

setup.exe -install %SYS_VAR_SASHOME% 

Usage no. 2 requires only one path (SAS_HOME) in its response properties. I suppose usage no. 1 also requires the SAS licence path. 

Of course, you could also try to script some shell launcher that dynamically creates a disposable response.properties for each installation, taking the install path(s) as parameters , broadly like :

launcher_install_sas_eg.cmd, PS1 etc. <SAS_HOME>

:: launcher script

:: create response.properties

echo SAS_HOME=%1% > ...\response.properties

echo SAS_EG_MODE=32-bit >  ...\response.properties

echo LANGUAGE_SELECTION=en etc. > ...\response.properties

:: run SAS installer based on previous response.properties

setup.exe -install ...\response.properties

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation