BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gmassamo
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I created a silent install for SAS Enterprise Guide 9.4 using a response file and it installs with no issues, however I work in application packaging and following this field best practices I would like to replace the hard coded path in the response file line "SAS_INSTALLATION_DATA=\\our packagin server\licensefile.txt(for example, this is the same path where the response file is located)" with a variable or something so the file contains no hard coded paths. Are there any variables or something I can use in the response file that indicate the same path where the response file is located so I can avoid using hard coded paths?

thank you for your attention.

regards.

2 REPLIES 2
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

someone correct me please if I am wrong, but as far as I know, this is not possible.

You maye want to run it by TS to see if they might have a possible solution or more info on that.

Thanks

Anja

ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

To be sure, SAS EG 6/7 can be installed in two ways :

1. using SAS Deployment Wizard and a SASDepot

2. with SAS EG independent installation package (~ MSI format ) See. appendix A in the reference below :

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

SAS EG independent installer can be found inside the SASDepot itself :

<SAS Depot root folder>\standalone_installs\

Either ways no. 1 & 2 can use silent installs with Response properties but neither (officially) can invoke environment variables storing installation paths, or something approaching which would answer your need like for instance :

SET SYS_VAR_HOME=<choose one>

setup.exe -install %SYS_VAR_SASHOME% 

Usage no. 2 requires only one path (SAS_HOME) in its response properties. I suppose usage no. 1 also requires the SAS licence path. 

Of course, you could also try to script some shell launcher that dynamically creates a disposable response.properties for each installation, taking the install path(s) as parameters , broadly like :

launcher_install_sas_eg.cmd, PS1 etc. <SAS_HOME>

:: launcher script

:: create response.properties

echo SAS_HOME=%1% > ...\response.properties

echo SAS_EG_MODE=32-bit >  ...\response.properties

echo LANGUAGE_SELECTION=en etc. > ...\response.properties

:: run SAS installer based on previous response.properties

setup.exe -install ...\response.properties

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation