BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

SAS 9.4 WIN 1 machine win 2022 server, SAS EM 9.4 M8

Migrating SAS EM project from win 2012 machine M6

(Since win 2012 to win 2022 server, OS is considered different regardless if encoding, locale, bitness, & topology remains same, enter EM_MigrateProject Macro.)

Questions about EM Macro user guide

I have few follow up questions 

1. The guide talks about project and gives example but it is unclear if it is one project or multiple?
  2. It fleetingly touches on 'multiple projects' but no detail or example of how does one prepare multiple projects all under a root directory such F:\Data\EM_Projects ?
  3. Have I understood correctly that the steps are:
    1. Run macro to prepare project or multiple projects (how?)
      1. In preparation if F:\Data\EM_Projects\baloons --> will it create F:\Data_EM_Projects\baloon (prepared copy?) So an original and migration ready copy?
    2. Shared filesystem or SFTP move the prepared project to new server
    3. Restore projects
    4. In SMC open EM plugin, assign new project and point to project which will create metadata (no creating SPKs to export then import)?
      1. Does that mean this needs to get done for all individual 200 projects in SMC or it just mean point the work space server to the project location in SMC such as F:\Data\EM_Projects (we plan to move the physical files same names, attributes, paths, hierarchy, permissions and attributes.) 

I have read the guide and will do again, but anyone with some experience just explain a bit? Perhaps I am over thinking. 

I will provide further details if needed.

Ref: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emag/15.3/n0njhjomq595tdn1da3x0bj4ndn1.htm  

User guide and readme is attached too.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation