BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Is there a way I can map the SAS folders to the Unix directories? I mean if user A logs in to SAS EG, My folder in SAS EG should correspond to his user directory(/home/A) and if B logs in, it should correspond to his home directory(/home/B). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If there is a single root folder that everyone would share then you can set this as an option for the workspace server in SMC (Servers --> SASApp - Logical Workspace Server --> SASApp - Workspace Server --> Properties  --> Options  --> Advanced Options... --> File Navigation Tab).  You would select the "Path" radio buttn and put the absolute filepath that you want everyone to see in the "Files" tree within EG.

Capture.PNG

However, I've always had to have multiple folders available and sometimes different folders for different people. In this case, you can just add a symbolic link to the user's home directory.

For example: ln -s /FolderYouNeedAccessTo /home/user1/FolderYouNeedAccessTo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If there is a single root folder that everyone would share then you can set this as an option for the workspace server in SMC (Servers --> SASApp - Logical Workspace Server --> SASApp - Workspace Server --> Properties  --> Options  --> Advanced Options... --> File Navigation Tab).  You would select the "Path" radio buttn and put the absolute filepath that you want everyone to see in the "Files" tree within EG.

Capture.PNG

However, I've always had to have multiple folders available and sometimes different folders for different people. In this case, you can just add a symbolic link to the user's home directory.

For example: ln -s /FolderYouNeedAccessTo /home/user1/FolderYouNeedAccessTo

ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the reply Timmy.  That helps alot

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
My pleasure! Good luck!
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Excellent tip! Works great for Windows servers too.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation