Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS EG ERROR

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS EG ERROR

We have recently installed sas9.4 . I am able to connect to SAS EG with sasadm@saspw user but when I define new user in SMC and also created authentication domain as ADAuth then I got error like: 

You are not defined as a user in metadata and are connectiong as PUBLIC.....

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-20-2017 10:50 AM
Super User

Re: SAS EG ERROR

A google search for "Client xxxxxxxxxxx does not have permission to use server SASApp - Workspace Server" immediately leads me to this: http://support.sas.com/kb/40/920.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Does the new user use

username@ADAuth

when logging in in EG?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor

without ADAuth
Super User

japsas100 wrote:
without ADAuth

Then SAS tries to find the user in the DefaultAuth domain (checking the credentials against the operating system, and not against AD).

This might actually work, if the OS itself authenticates against AD. But since no matching entry is found in the metadata, you end up as PUBLIC.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks KurtBremser.

Now my profile connected withDefaultAuth domain. But When I submit any jobs its throwing below error.

Error] Client xxxxxxxxxxx does not have permission to use server SASApp - Workspace Server (A5O0XRTO.AY000008).

Solution
‎03-20-2017 10:50 AM
Super User

A google search for "Client xxxxxxxxxxx does not have permission to use server SASApp - Workspace Server" immediately leads me to this: http://support.sas.com/kb/40/920.html

Frequent Contributor

Thank you So much.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation