Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS EG Connection Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126
Accepted Solution

SAS EG Connection Issue

Recently we have installed sas on linux . We are not able to connect sas app server via SAS EG .
I am login with default sasdemo user id.
 
ERROR : 'Unable to connect to the metadata server'
 
We alredy verified all the below points.
 
like telnet hostname 8561 > no problem
      correct host name and port 8561 or 8591
      No firewall blocking
      both port listening against hostname
      connection validated (sasapp logical workspace server) in sas metadata client
 
Please advise?
 
Please see below log of objectspawner 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-14-2017 08:42 AM
Super User
Posts: 3,105

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

Since you can't ping your Test metadata server from your client PCs then this is a network issue.

 

Try PINGing the IP address of your Test metadata server. If that works then you know the hostname is the problem and it is not resolving to the correct IP address. If that doesn't work then you know the Test metadata server is not reachable from your client PCs. 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Trusted Advisor
Posts: 1,141

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

Hello @japsas100,

 

when you connect to the metadata with SAS Management Console, are you using the same user than with SAS EG, or another user, such as sasadm@saspw?

 

In other hand, did you checked the logs on the SAS Metadata Server?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

I tried with other user such as sasadm@saspw but getting the same error.

 

Please see below metadata log: - 

 

 
 

Please see below metadata error: -
2017-03-08T10:12:04,405 INFO [00000008] :sas - Processor initialized.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,406 INFO [00000008] :sas - Reserved IPv6 port 8561 for server listen (connection 1).
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Allowed trusted SAS Peer client type: SAS
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Trusted SAS Peer username: All client usernames are trusted.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Trusted SAS Peer address: All client machine IP addresses are trusted.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Trusted SAS Peer support has been enabled.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Activated listen on IPv6 port 8561 (connection 1).
2017-03-08T10:12:04,413 INFO [00000004] :sas - SAH001999I SAS Metadata Server (8561), State, running
2017-03-08T10:12:12,947 INFO [00000025] :sastrust@saspw - New client connection (2) accepted from server port 8561 for user sastrust@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:xxx.xxx.xx.xxxx]:44761 for APPNAME=SAS Object Spawner.
2017-03-08T10:12:12,948 INFO [00000025] :sastrust@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AX000001).
2017-03-08T10:12:12,948 INFO [00000025] :sastrust@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AX000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AZ000001) at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :8561.

 
Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue


japsas100 wrote:

I tried with other user such as sasadm@saspw but getting the same error.

 

Please see below metadata log: - 

 

 
 

Please see below metadata error: -
2017-03-08T10:12:04,405 INFO [00000008] :sas - Processor initialized.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,406 INFO [00000008] :sas - Reserved IPv6 port 8561 for server listen (connection 1).
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Allowed trusted SAS Peer client type: SAS
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Trusted SAS Peer username: All client usernames are trusted.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Trusted SAS Peer address: All client machine IP addresses are trusted.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Trusted SAS Peer support has been enabled.
2017-03-08T10:12:04,407 INFO [00000008] :sas - Activated listen on IPv6 port 8561 (connection 1).
2017-03-08T10:12:04,413 INFO [00000004] :sas - SAH001999I SAS Metadata Server (8561), State, running
2017-03-08T10:12:12,947 INFO [00000025] :sastrust@saspw - New client connection (2) accepted from server port 8561 for user sastrust@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:xxx.xxx.xx.xxxx]:44761 for APPNAME=SAS Object Spawner.
2017-03-08T10:12:12,948 INFO [00000025] :sastrust@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AX000001).
2017-03-08T10:12:12,948 INFO [00000025] :sastrust@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AX000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AZ000001) at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :8561.

 

There is no error in there. That is the log of the moment the spawner started and used sastrust to read its own metadata.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

[ Edited ]

Locate the logfile of the metadata server, and then do a tail on it immediately after you tried to connect, and then post the lines you get.

 

Edit: replaced "objectspawner" with "metadata server"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

I have deleted the log file generated earlier but now there is no file under /opt/sas/config/Lev1/ObjectSpawner/Logs.

Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

Restart everything from scratch, so that new, current log files are created.

 

ERROR : 'Unable to connect to the metadata server'

 

(from your initial post)

This comes from the failed attempt of the Enterprise Guide to connect to the metadata server when EG starts and works through the connection profile. If that does not give you a line in the metadata server log with the username you used in the profile in it, then EG did not reach the metadata server at all. Check the servername and connection port (which should be 8561 if default values are used) in the connection profile.

Once you have verified that you can reach the metadata server and have SASApp in the EG server list, try to open that. Then you should get a matching line in the spawner log.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue


japsas100 wrote:

I have deleted the log file generated earlier but now there is no file under /opt/sas/config/Lev1/ObjectSpawner/Logs.


Never do that unless the corresponding process has been stopped (and you're positively sure).

I guess that the spawner is still happily writing to the file that still exists as an inode and physical data, but has no directory reference any longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

Still am not able to connect to metadata. Any suggestion???

Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue


japsas100 wrote:

Still am not able to connect to metadata. Any suggestion???


Show the relevant part of the metadata server log (do a tail on it immediately after your connection attempt fails).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

Please below metadata log

 

2017-03-08T15:31:30,430 INFO [00092307] :sastrust@saspw - New client connection (9885) accepted from server port 8561 for user sastrust@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:xxx.xxx.xx.xxx]:35933 for APPNAME=Content Server 9.4.
2017-03-08T15:31:30,430 INFO [00092307] :sastrust@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AX000001).
2017-03-08T15:31:30,430 INFO [00092307] :sastrust@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AX000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A57LP4MN.AZ000001) at sastest01.s.xxxx.xx:8561.
2017-03-08T15:31:30,453 INFO [00092321] 9885:sas - Client connection 9885 for user sastrust@saspw closed.

Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

[ Edited ]

That means that EG never gets a network connection to the metadata server. Do you have some kind of personal firewall installed on your desktop?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

No firewall blocking at client and server level.

With same client I am able to connect prod server.

In Prod we have two IP address one start with 193.XXXXX and with10.XXXXX but in test we have only one IP address and athat start with 10.

Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

A 193. IP address is a public IP address that can be reached across the internet.

A 10. address is a private network that can't be routed through the internet. If you're not in the same logical network, the 10. is unreachable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 126

Re: SAS EG Connection Issue

Thanks for quick reply.

 

Can we have a private ip at the server level to connect the sas client such as SAS EG?

 

or any other issue?

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 384 views
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation