BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I've problem to run SAS Deployment Manager to install SAS and when I run it , after a few seconds it disappears(I run it as administrator). What can be the problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnaMorata
SAS Employee

Hello!

.ini file contains the memory launch options for every Operating System.

In your case, you are going to launch the setup.exe from Depot for installing SAS in Windows, depending on your Operating System this setup will use the options included for win (Windows 32 bits) or wx6 (Windows 64bits). If you are not sure about what Operating System you have it does not matter, you can change to 512 for both launcherargs related to win and Setup.exe will use the right one:

[win]
copy1=setup.dat
copy2=<DEPLOYWIZ_PRT_PKG>/deploywiz.exe
copy3=<DEPLOYWIZ_PRT_PKG>/deploywiz.ini
copy4=<DEPLOYWIZ_PRT_PKG>/deploywiz
copy5=products/securejava__94120__prt__xx__sp0__1/sas.rutil.jar
copy6=products/securejava__94120__prt__xx__sp0__1/sas.rutil.nls.jar
copy7=products/securejava__94120__prt__xx__sp0__1/sastpj.rutil.jar
copy8=<PRIVATEJRE_WIN_PKG>/lib
jre=<PRIVATEJRE_WIN_PKG>/jre.exe
launch=<DEPLOYWIZ_PRT_PKG>/deploywiz.exe

launchercmd=../../<PRIVATEJRE_WIN_PKG>/bin/java
launcherargs=-XX:MaxPermSize=160m -Xmx1024M -jar deploywiz/setup.jar

[wx6]
copy1=setup.dat
#copy8=<PRIVATEJRE_WX6_PKG>/lib
jre=<PRIVATEJRE_WX6_PKG>/jre.exe

launchercmd=../../<PRIVATEJRE_WX6_PKG>/bin/java

If it does not solve you problem, I would recommend you the option of getting the logs we commented above. In the same note you found this memory change, you have also at the end the info for recovering right logs. If logs content dont have special meaning for you then open a track with SAS Support sending these logs and yoour Site Info to: support@sas.com, I am sure they will solve it for you quickly! 🙂

Best regards,

Ana.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I've had this problem when I tried to install SAS 9.4 on an older AIX version, which was not supported any longer.

You may have a problem with your Java runtime being incompatible (too old?) with SDM. Look through the requirements for OS and Java.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

What version of SAS are you installing?

Are there any error messages?

Thanks

Anja

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

The version is SAS M2 9.4

No error message, just disappear and happen nothing.

Java version is 8

Windows7, x64

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

One thing that I would try would be to run the setup.exe from the commandline (cmd window). There might be messages to stderr that get lost in a purely graphical environment

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

I run the 'setup.exe' from the commandline, cmd windows, but I got any message or error for that, just the following box:

SAS_DW.png

and after a few seconds, it disappears.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I was basically hoping for a text message in the cmd window, and if that didn't happen, SAS technical support is your best bet.

If you manage to get a solution with them, please post that here, for future reference.

AnaMorata
SAS Employee

Hi!

SDW should write log in the user's profile.

If it is Windows, review the following location:

C:\Users\InstallerId\AppData\Local\SAS\SASDeploymentWizard\SDW_xxxxx.log (AppData is a hidden folder)

If Linux/Unix:

/home/InstallerId/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard\SDW_xxxx.log

This log will give you more info about they problem: Java out of memory, missing needed library or linux packages, etc.

Regards,

Ana.

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

I tried to go to this path : C:\Users\InstallerId\AppData\Local\SAS\SASDeploymentWizard\SDW_xxxxx.log

But the problem is there is no AppData folder.

I also checked the heap space and it was 512.(http://support.sas.com/kb/40/012.html)

MargaretC
SAS Employee

How was SAS originally "installed" on this computer?  From a SAS Depot?  Or copied from another computer where SAS was installed from a SAS Depot?

Margaret

AnaMorata
SAS Employee

Hi!

AppData must be there, but in Windodws by default it is hidden.

Locate your C:\USers\InstallerId folder. There, look for "Organize" Button-> and Select "Folder and Search Options". A new window Folder Options will appear, select "View" Tab an check option "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Apply this change.

After this action, AppData should be there.

Attached both screenshots with the options mentioned above.

Regards,

Ana.

OrganizeButton.jpgShow Hidden Files.jpg
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Margaret and Ana. It is a new PC and I'm trying to install SAS on it. The problem might be that I've copied depot from my old PC. I'll try to download the depot and install SAS.

But I have a question about the heap space.

According to http://support.sas.com/kb/40/012.html one workaround could be changing the heap space in the deploywz file, but there are many LAUNCHERARGS parameters. Which one of them should be changed to 512M?

AnaMorata
SAS Employee

Hello!

.ini file contains the memory launch options for every Operating System.

In your case, you are going to launch the setup.exe from Depot for installing SAS in Windows, depending on your Operating System this setup will use the options included for win (Windows 32 bits) or wx6 (Windows 64bits). If you are not sure about what Operating System you have it does not matter, you can change to 512 for both launcherargs related to win and Setup.exe will use the right one:

[win]
copy1=setup.dat
copy8=<PRIVATEJRE_WIN_PKG>/lib
jre=<PRIVATEJRE_WIN_PKG>/jre.exe

launchercmd=../../<PRIVATEJRE_WIN_PKG>/bin/java

[wx6]
copy1=setup.dat
#copy8=<PRIVATEJRE_WX6_PKG>/lib
jre=<PRIVATEJRE_WX6_PKG>/jre.exe

launchercmd=../../<PRIVATEJRE_WX6_PKG>/bin/java

If it does not solve you problem, I would recommend you the option of getting the logs we commented above. In the same note you found this memory change, you have also at the end the info for recovering right logs. If logs content dont have special meaning for you then open a track with SAS Support sending these logs and yoour Site Info to: support@sas.com, I am sure they will solve it for you quickly! 🙂

Best regards,

Ana.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation