BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5

I am working within a firm that has implemented SAS CPM8.1 under both a Desktop Client environment as well as newly added AppSphere (Citrix) virtual environment. I am testing out the virtual environment (stand alone - 'Guinea Pig') with the plan for the remainder of my colleagues to move from desktop / laptop to the AppSphere virtual environment. Recently I have been experiencing issues where the SAS web services appear to be affected when the virtual session stops intermittently (stalls / resets). Does anyone else have experience on a virtual desktop 'set-up who may have experienced similar issues. I am trying to ascertain if the Server hosting web services could be ‘reading’ these incidents as a loss of service and in trying to remediate the problem, and eventually going into a state of overload like a denial of service (DoS) situation. There appears to be no obvious error messaging which explains what is happening and eventually the only solution is to restart all related services. I am looking for guidance as to what to do next?

2 REPLIES 2
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

Do you get any error messages or warnings, anything that could help troubleshooting,

eg in the SASCostandProfitabilityManagement8.1.log, or web server logs?

config dir/.../web/logs

config dir/.../web/common/logConfig

What version of AppSphere are you running?

You probably have the correct version, but just to be certain, please check:

https://support.sas.com/techsup/pcn/virtualization.html

Is this an intermittent problem or one that you experience all the time?

Thanks

Anja

MarkCorr
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for your reply. It has proven to be a server hardware issue and not related to either SAS or AppSphere.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation