Urgent assistance needed, sorry. Last night I applied some hotfixes, our Linux team also upgraded the OS from RHEL 7.6 to RHEL 7.7. Now no one can use SAS. It appears to be something with authentication. I am able to execute sas from the command line, SASGSUB is able to touch a file. A KRB ticket is getting created yet in Enterprise Guide the user name/password window keeps returning. In web applications the error is user name/password invalid. The hotfixes that were applied are:
Base SAS (B6Q090, 64-bit, English Update): SAS High-Performance Risk Server Component (D1W003, 64-bit, English Update): SAS Risk and Finance Workbench Server (D4M005, 64-bit, English Update): SAS Scalable Performance Data Client (C8Z003, 64-bit, English Update): SAS Threaded Kernel (C1S010, 64-bit, English Update): SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC (B7V002, 64-bit, English Update):
I have checked to make sure the setuid was applied. The only difference I can really see is that there are two processes that are no longer running:
Thank you for looking at my post. I found the issue. The messages file for the OS provided a clue that there was an issue with authentication from Metadata. I discovered that the setuid script needed to be run in SASFoundation in the metadata tier. Once this was run everything started working.