BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DJWanna
Obsidian | Level 7

Urgent assistance needed, sorry. Last night I applied some hotfixes, our Linux team also upgraded the OS from RHEL 7.6 to RHEL 7.7. Now no one can use SAS. It appears to be something with authentication. I am able to execute sas from the command line, SASGSUB is able to touch a file. A KRB ticket is getting created yet in Enterprise Guide the user name/password window keeps returning. In web applications the error is user name/password invalid. The hotfixes that were applied are:

Base SAS (B6Q090, 64-bit, English Update):
SAS High-Performance Risk Server Component (D1W003, 64-bit, English Update):
SAS Risk and Finance Workbench Server (D4M005, 64-bit, English Update):
SAS Scalable Performance Data Client (C8Z003, 64-bit, English Update):
SAS Threaded Kernel (C1S010, 64-bit, English Update):
SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC (B7V002, 64-bit, English Update):

I have checked to make sure the setuid was applied. The only difference I can really see is that there are two processes that are no longer running:

root@svcksa69901a3u # ps -aef | grep krb

vaultsas 194270 194080  0 Jan04 ?        00:00:08 /sas/sys/platform_prod/pm/10.1/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86_64/etc/krbrenewd

vaultsas 196578 195877  0 Jan04 ?        00:00:29 /sas/sys/platform_prod/lsf/10.1/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86_64/etc/krbrenewd

Could lack of these running be causing this authentication issue? How does this autostart?

Thank you for your guidance.

1 REPLY 1
DJWanna
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for looking at my post. I found the issue. The messages file for the OS provided a clue that there was an issue with authentication from Metadata. I discovered that the setuid script needed to be run in SASFoundation in the metadata tier. Once this was run everything started working.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation