Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS/ACCESS to ODBC on Linux and IBM U2 UniVerse

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS/ACCESS to ODBC on Linux and IBM U2 UniVerse

Anyone familiar with IBM U2 UniVerse?  I am not familiar with it at all.  I recently found out that one business unit has a connection to said database through Windows.  They want to migrate to our Linux Grid environment, which has SAS/ACCESS to ODBC, SAS/ACCESS to MSSQL Server and SAS/ACCESS to Oracle, but based on the configuration info their admin sent me it looks like I might need additional drivers installed.

Also, some of the values for the data source configuration don't directly translate were I to try and plug them into a typical MS SQL Server type entry in odbc.ini.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-20-2016 12:03 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: SAS/ACCESS to ODBC on Linux and IBM U2 UniVerse

Ok, I got official word from SAS TS that I have to get the U2 UniVerse ODBC driver from a vendor (i.e. Rocket, Progress/DataDirect, EasySoft). Once I have that driver installed I believe they have something called "uci' client that you use to set up connection information.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

I haven't used Universe either but I've always found this site useful for figuring out database connection strings. You could try experimenting with these in ODBC.ini and/or the SAS NOPROMPT option:

https://www.connectionstrings.com/universe/

Regular Contributor

Thanks! I will check it out when back in the office and do some testing.
Solution
‎05-20-2016 12:03 PM
Regular Contributor

Ok, I got official word from SAS TS that I have to get the U2 UniVerse ODBC driver from a vendor (i.e. Rocket, Progress/DataDirect, EasySoft). Once I have that driver installed I believe they have something called "uci' client that you use to set up connection information.
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation