Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

Hi, we just installed EM 12.3 previous version EM 12.1

When importing excel files I am seeing the following error in the log file:

The SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files is not installed. Please install this module in order to IMPORT/EXPORT to these file types.

I am able to import text files.

I have installed the SAS drivers for ODBC "Client Version" but the error persists.

This is a stand alone workstation version with no connections to external servers. 64 bit.

Thanks for any help

Seth

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-31-2013 02:56 PM
Super User

Re: SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

I suggest you first confirm that SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files is in your current licence - run proc setinit noalias; run; Typically SAS will install all licensed products unless you explicitly change your product selection.

If it is included then you may need to go through the install again selecting SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files as an additional product. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Employee

Seth,

Here is a SAS Note that I found helpful in sorting it out.  If you still are unsuccessful in getting it to work after using the following link then I would suggest contacting sas tech support.

43802 - Installing SAS® 9.3 PC Files Server and using it to convert 32-bit Microsoft Office files to...

Noah

Solution
‎10-31-2013 02:56 PM
Super User

I suggest you first confirm that SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files is in your current licence - run proc setinit noalias; run; Typically SAS will install all licensed products unless you explicitly change your product selection.

If it is included then you may need to go through the install again selecting SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files as an additional product. 

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation