BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SwagatPatil
Fluorite | Level 6
We have sas 9.4 and lsf 10.0 configured. We have flows having multiple jobs. But after completion of first job second kob not triggering.
Let me know which logs i need to analyze
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

The solution is here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-Scheduler-ID-running-X-CMD/m-p/4290...

Edit:

I didn't remember it was a longer thread. Sorry...

The solution is to edit your "E:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\BatchServer\sasbatch.bat" and remove the REM-statements in the end of the script...

/Christian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

If you right click on the job in Flow Manager, you should see an option to view runtime attributes, which should include the log file for that particular job. Typically it should be under <config>\Lev1\SASApp\BatchServer\Logs (depending on how your environment is configured). 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

SwagatPatil
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,
We have only first job log entry in batch logs , second job is not triggering which is in same flow.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
@SwagatPatil can you clarify what you have tried in respect to @AjmalFarzam reply?
Each leaves a return code which should be visible in LSF.
Also make sure the job doesn't have other dependencies than previous job completion.
Data never sleeps
SwagatPatil
Fluorite | Level 6
So we have one flow where multiple jobs are in one flow. Condition is one job is completed then second will check for error exit code which is less than equal to 1 then second will start.
I have checked the log in batchserver log. We have only first job log entry where i didn’t find any error in that log. So ideally second job should trigger after first job completion.
CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

The solution is here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-Scheduler-ID-running-X-CMD/m-p/4290...

Edit:

I didn't remember it was a longer thread. Sorry...

The solution is to edit your "E:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\BatchServer\sasbatch.bat" and remove the REM-statements in the end of the script...

/Christian

SwagatPatil
Fluorite | Level 6
Your post is regarding xcmd command enabling that i have already done by setting xcmd in sasbatch.sh file. I didn’t get What exactly you are trying to say.
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi,

Are you sure the first job is finishing with the right exit code? Does it turn blue in Flow Manager? 

As Christian suggests, you might need to uncomment the last 5 lines of sasbatch.sh to allow SAS jobs that complete with warnings to return an exit code of zero. Some more info on this can be found at https://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/grid/platformfaq.html 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation