Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS 9.4 installation package for AIX

Accepted Solution Solved
Super User
Accepted Solution

SAS 9.4 installation package for AIX

Has anybody installed 9.4 BI server on AIX yet?

Does the package supplied by SAS include a web and web application server, or does it need to be provided by the user/administrator?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-02-2016 03:57 AM
Trusted Advisor

Re: SAS 9.4 installation package for AIX

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure what you mean about the user/administrator thingy, but SAS 9.4 BI server for AIX should include the Middle tier components, as mentioned on http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikbientsrvofrsr/66645/HTML/default/index.html

DO you have a deployment plan file for your deployment, which includes the middle tier components?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-02-2016 03:57 AM
Trusted Advisor

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure what you mean about the user/administrator thingy, but SAS 9.4 BI server for AIX should include the Middle tier components, as mentioned on http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikbientsrvofrsr/66645/HTML/default/index.html

DO you have a deployment plan file for your deployment, which includes the middle tier components?

Super User

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

I just wanted to check while we are still in the planning phase of our transition to AIX 7 and SAS 9.4.

So the way it looks, I don't have to do apache and jboss on my own any longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Trusted Advisor

Hi,

ah, now I understand better.

Not apache/jboss at all! Which is great (at least to me). Well, insted, you have vFabric and hyperic and such, which is just another Apache version.

Also, all the build/deploy of the web applications can be done automatically Smiley Wink

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation