Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS 9.4 instalation error

Occasional Contributor

SAS 9.4 instalation error

Hi,
I have a problem during installation of SAS 9.4 EBI server on SUSE Linux 11. I have this error [main] ERROR com.sas.sdw.SDWExceptionHandler - com.sas.appserver.utils.AppServerException: Timeout for Application Server startup has reached before port opened. in vfabrictcsvr_startMidtierServers_log.

Please Can you help me solve this problem?

Thanks for all.

Attachment
Attachment
Attachment
Super Contributor

Re: SAS 9.4 instalation error

Based on Helpful Hints for Transitioning to SAS® 9.4 , you may encounter port conflicts.

So more information will be helpful.

Do you upgrade, new install. Is there existing sas on the machine from before....

Occasional Contributor

Hi, mohamed, its a new install.

Super Contributor

Did you turned the firewall off?

Did you increase the number of processes limit in linux?

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Firewall are turned off and i've increase the number of processes limit.

ainoa@linux14:/> ulimit -Hn

ainoa@linux14:/> cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep ip_local_port_range

net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 32768 65535

Valued Guide

New install and seeing French language. Did you do design preparation?

You are obviously installing the software in /home  were a /opt would be more approprioate  as /home is for all the user personal folders.  

Having the config files (Lev1) /opt where /usr/local would be more appropriate. No SAS defaults are not following normal Unix conventions or the Linux proposed ones. Filesystem Hierarchy Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can expect Suse and your system admins having similar standards.

In your loggings there is an error-message that is worrying me. That could be a result of not having all your machine open to the public internet.

That not having it open to the internet is a quite common policy for secured environments. Would check this with your TS support. When this is the issue they must also have a solution. 

[antlibSmiley Surprisedrg.apache.tools.ant] Could not load definitions from resource org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.  

Ant is and andvanced tool for building applications. Apache Ant - Welcome. It is in your logfiles and should work when it is obviously used by SAS.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SAS Employee

Did you get this resolved? For the most part, application server timeouts don't leave much detail in this log (The SDW sent a start command, and waited patiently for the server to start, and finally gave up due to a timeout. You'd have to check the server log in /opt/ebiedieg/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/logs for additional information about why it timed out)

Contributor

Hi,

Did you find exact problem and able to find the resolution. Please let me know since i'm also facing exactly same kind of issue. I hope its something to do with CPU resources..please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation