BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
foxrol94
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,
I have a problem during installation of SAS 9.4 EBI server on SUSE Linux 11. I have this error [main] ERROR com.sas.sdw.SDWExceptionHandler - com.sas.appserver.utils.AppServerException: Timeout for Application Server startup has reached before port opened. in vfabrictcsvr_startMidtierServers_log.

Please Can you help me solve this problem?

Thanks for all.

7 REPLIES 7
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Based on Helpful Hints for Transitioning to SAS® 9.4 , you may encounter port conflicts.

So more information will be helpful.

Do you upgrade, new install. Is there existing sas on the machine from before....

foxrol94
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, mohamed, its a new install.

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Did you turned the firewall off?

Did you increase the number of processes limit in linux?

foxrol94
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Firewall are turned off and i've increase the number of processes limit.

ainoa@linux14:/> ulimit -Hn

ainoa@linux14:/> cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep ip_local_port_range

net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 32768 65535

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

New install and seeing French language. Did you do design preparation?

You are obviously installing the software in /home  were a /opt would be more approprioate  as /home is for all the user personal folders.  

Having the config files (Lev1) /opt where /usr/local would be more appropriate. No SAS defaults are not following normal Unix conventions or the Linux proposed ones. Filesystem Hierarchy Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can expect Suse and your system admins having similar standards.

In your loggings there is an error-message that is worrying me. That could be a result of not having all your machine open to the public internet.

That not having it open to the internet is a quite common policy for secured environments. Would check this with your TS support. When this is the issue they must also have a solution. 

[antlib:org.apache.tools.ant] Could not load definitions from resource org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.  

Ant is and andvanced tool for building applications. Apache Ant - Welcome. It is in your logfiles and should work when it is obviously used by SAS.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
dpage
SAS Employee

Did you get this resolved? For the most part, application server timeouts don't leave much detail in this log (The SDW sent a start command, and waited patiently for the server to start, and finally gave up due to a timeout. You'd have to check the server log in /opt/ebiedieg/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/logs for additional information about why it timed out)

maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Did you find exact problem and able to find the resolution. Please let me know since i'm also facing exactly same kind of issue. I hope its something to do with CPU resources..please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation