BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hey,

I am trying to uninstall the sas9.4 from linux box. its hanged at zero percent(0%) and when stopped its throwing below error: -

/home/sas/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard/sasdm_2017-03-06-14.44.01.log

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

Please advise .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

What I say is that you can rm -rF the sas directories, such as:

/home/*/.SASAppData/

/opt/sas/config/

/opt/sas/sashome/

etc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @japsas100,

I would just delete the folders that contain SAS data/config/logs/temp files, with normal OS commands.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Still getting the same error after deleted all the files from /opt/sas/config/Lev1/Logs/Configure dir

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

What I say is that you can rm -rF the sas directories, such as:

/home/*/.SASAppData/

/opt/sas/config/

/opt/sas/sashome/

etc

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The nice thing about UNIX systems is that one does not need an uninstaller per se, as they do not have such a moronic design as the Windows registry (which constitutes the perfect SPOF - single point of failure - that one could ever devise)

Removing the installation directories, some lines from etc/inittab in case of server processes, amd maybe a directory in /var and/or /tmp will remove software without a trace.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation