BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fdelorme
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

After having spent a lot  of time installing SAS on my MBA and have it working, I am trying to renew the program with my permanent license.  However, went I do that using the Renew Utility, when prompt to locate where the SAS program is, I get the message that "This location is not a valid SAS folder".  I am following the renewal instructions as provided them by SAS.  Is there something different when using Parallels that it does not recognize the standard Windows structure? Any alternative route to enter my permanent license number in a virtualized environment?

Thanks for your help.

Francois

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your current SAS licence has not expired you can open a SAS session, copy in from the licence file just the PROC SETINIT statements and just submit it like any other SAS program. You should then get a note in the SAS log along the lines of your licence has been successfully updated.

Reeza
Super User

You just point it to the SID file, however SAS licenses can be specific to the environment, e.g. XP vs Windows 7 license. Your Windows 7 must not be home version, but a professional version as well.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation