BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

I have a rather large AF application. In 9.1 the screens are approximately 5" x 7".  Same emulator, Same AF application - running under 9.3, the screen opens up as 4x6 and also all of the components are also smaller.  The writing in each of the components, combo boxes, text boxes, check boxes - is cut off because they were designed for the size of the screen and on screen components in 9.1 .  I have been working with SAS for almost a month on this and so far, we have not gotten it fixed.   The check boxes in 9.3 were so teeny that you could not see if they were selected.  I did fix these components by changing the font to adobe Helvectia.   But, the frames do not have a font attached to them.  Has anyone else had this issue?   

Basically, a frame that is 50 x 70 in 9.1 SHOULD be the same size as a 50 x 70 frame in 9.3, but it is not.  It's like the unit of measure is different.

Can anyone help me correct this?  

Thanks,

Debby Clements

10 REPLIES 10
ballardw
Super User

Is this program running on the exact same system/monitor combination?

I'm sure the folks at SAS asked this but what do you get from a WSIZE or WDEF command for the window.

dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

Hey ballardw -

I am using Linux server and ReflectionsX emulator to start the catalog in 9.1 and in 9.3.

I use the same Unix config and sas config to start it both times. 

Here is the WINFO  - so it IS different.   How do I update these to make them the same in 9.3  ?

We might be on to something here !!!!

Thanks,

Debby

1. 9.3

NUMROWS INFO =  40

NUMXINCH INFO =  8.73277559055118

NUMUINCH INFO =  6.23864324651726

NUMXPIXEL INFO =  840

NUMYPIXEL INFO =  600

1. 9.1

NUMROWS INFO =  42

NUMXINCH INFO =  9.89714566929134

NUMYINCH INFO =  6.55057540884312

NUMXPIXEL INFO =  952

NUMYPIXEL INFO =  630

dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

sas 9.3 vs 9.1 screen.JPG
here is the difference in 9.1 and 9.3  - see attachment.  both of these frames are 40 x 104.

ballardw
Super User

It has been too long since I worked with AF/FSP programming but have you tried going to the catalog where the Frame entry is stored and opening its properties (click on the frame entry to get the base window and then right click for properties menu) and change size, width and height, there?

dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

I can fix all of the frames that way. But I have about 70 frames with approx 30 components on each frame. It will take forever as all of them will have to be changed. I really shouldn't have to recode an entire application because of a migration.

If I enlarge the frame window H  & W , only the frame window enlarges. All of the components stay in the same place. I've been working with SAS for over a month on this and they can't figure it out either.   So, thought I'd post some things on some forums - see if anyone else has had this happen.  Please ask your SAS friends. Thx

Debby

ballardw
Super User

The frame entries are just SCL lists. You may  be able to write code to set the NROW and NCOL in the GATTR sublist if there are common values you want to set. Were the components created with relative sizes so they resize with the window? If so you may not have as many to deal with.

dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

the frames have dot.component language in the scl.  I don't think they were created with relative sizes...  I think I will have to go in and set horizontal, vertical, height, width settings on every component.

I am trying to figure out how to reset the SAS font to helvetica.  That worked on the checkboxes.  If you have an email I can respond to, I'll send you some pictures.

Unkie_SAS
SAS Employee

You might want to read up on and have a play with Attachments. It is way of controlling the relative spacing and sizing of objects within a frame.

For example, they can be used to prevent objects overlapping when the window is resized.

Layout --> Attach --> Define Attachment.

See Appendix 2 of http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appdevgd/62709/PDF/default/appdevgd.pdf for more than you'd ever want to know on the subject.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

this post is a duplicate of: https://communities.sas.com/message/230998#230998. Seeing here the server is Linux.

Customizing Fonts in UNIX Environments is part of the SAS environment when using X.
According to Darrel there has been a font change with the changing SAS versions.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

I was able to solve this by changing the system font to   -xrm 'SAS.systemFont:-Adobe-Helvetica-Medium-R-Normal--12-120-75-75-P-67-ISO8859-1 -

Sorry for the duplicate posts - I posted this message in several communities, hoping someone would see it that might could help me.

Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation