BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UNLStats
Calcite | Level 5

I just aquired the SAS 9.3 server software and license.  I would like to know the proceedure to setup a workstation (classroom computer) to run SAS 9.3 from a Windows 2008 server.  What installations I need to do and settings to SAS and Windows 2008.  Does someone have documentation for this?  Is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There are two options for using a SAS Server from a workstation (assuming a SAS server has already been set up) :

1) Enterprise Guide, SAS's thin client software for working with a SAS server.

2) Foundation SAS, a "full" SAS desktop solution and SAS's fat client software for working with a SAS server.

Either way you need to request request the appropriate software and licence from SAS.

Check out: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/93/index.html

You appear to be confusing "server SAS" with "workstation SAS". Each version requires a different software install package and a different licence.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Are you at a university or college?  SAS On Demand for Academics may be the ticket.  It doesn't work for identified medical data (HIPAA), but is nice in a direct learning environment.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation