BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ltsai0
Calcite | Level 5

I am running SAS 9.4 University Edition via Virtual Box. My license expired, so I downloaded the latest version and reinstalled. That seems to have wiped my default directory clean, meaning that I have lost all my old programs and datasets. Is there a way to restore these within SAS? Or do I just need to get IT to find a backup of the folder?

Thanks for any advice. 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

An IT restore is the way to go.

Reeza
Super User

No, it shouldn't have by default.

Most files should be stored within the shared folder that you initially set up that should still exist. 

If you accidently deleted somehow and are on Windows go to the folder above, check properties and previous versions to see if you can restore it yourself. Otherwise, you would need your IT's help to get it reinstalled.

FYI - SAS UE isn't valid for commercial usage. 

ltsai0
Calcite | Level 5

Okay, thanks for your suggestion. I will be sure to backup before updates from now on. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation