BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ManuelP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all! New question for you!

In our domain we have some installations of SAS 9.4 client and Enterprise Guide on Windows 7/8 desktops.

The auto update is disabled because user can't install updates and hotfix without being administrators.

I use the command sasdm.exe ‐silenthotfix ‐hotfixdir "C:\Downloads\HotFix" to install hotifixes by scripts and I download hotfixes here.

How can I install software updates (ex. Enterprise guide 7.11->7.13) on clients?

There is an update repository like hotfixes one?

Thank you all!!!

2 REPLIES 2
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

Some information from Tech Sup:

You can upgrade EG clients either by running the SDW from a newer software order which enables the wizard’s update mode to install the EG client to the newer version or, with a software depot that contains the SAS Independent Installer for EG, run the .msi to upgrade the SAS EG release.

If this does not answer your question, please contact Tech Support.

Thanks

Anja

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ManuelP

just a quick addition to @anja 's information. For the update part, ‐silenthotfix parameter could be your friend.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation