BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sreelekha
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Can you let me know if there is a way to check the expiry date for the license in dataflux? Something similar to the below we have in SAS:

Proc setinit;

Run;

Regards,

Sreelekha K Ramakrishnan

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Sreelekha,

that is an interesting question. I don't think there is a procedural way to check the license for dataFlux.

Also, DataFlux has several components to be licensed, separately, which one/s are we speaking about?

I would recommend you to have a check on this link, I think it will give you all the info you need. http://support.sas.com/techsup/license/dataflux.html and summarised in http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/dfpower_dmstudio_setinit.pdf

Also, even indirectly, you can see the expiration with proc setinit and check on the dataflux (or Data Management) products in your SAS license. Again, this is not the right and direct way, and not necessarily the actual values, and but just an easy way,

Natarajan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

Please open below path and text file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlux\DMStudio\studio2\etc\license

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

Inside the app.cfg for Data Management Studio which lives inside the etc directory there is a reference to a file path that the application will read the setinit from as DMS starts. You can read that variable to determine where the license is being read from and the license is plain text, simple pop it open and check the dates for the various products. It doesn't store it in a binary format like SAS Foundation does. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation