Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Renew SAS software 9.4

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Renew SAS software 9.4

Hi,

I'm using SAS 9.4 locally and I need to import the new license file for SAS.

I followed the instruction file, but under the utilities folder, there isn't Renew SAS software:

Go to Start -> All applications -> SAS -> Utilities -> Renew SAS software.

I also tried to run SAS Deployment manager 9.4(as administrator) but there

isn't such option to choose either.

Where and how can I do this?(Windows 7 is installed on my computer)

Doriana

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-12-2016 03:18 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Renew SAS software 9.4

The Renew functionality was enabled in the SAS Deployment Manager in the 9.4M3 release.  If you have an earlier version of 9.4, that could explain why it's not showing up there.

You mention you're using SAS locally.  If you haven't specifically installed SAS Foundation locally, you wouldn't see the Renew SAS Software utility in your Start menu (e.g., if you had installed EG locally but were connecting to a SAS Server on a different computer).  If you *have* installed SAS Foundation locally, I would suggest calling Tech Support for them to help you determine why you're not seeing the renewal option in your Start menu.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you cannot find the Renew SAS Software tool from the WIN Start Menu then, Try locate sasrenew.exe in  ~\SAS Foundation\9.4\core\sasinst\sasrenew.

Solution
‎01-12-2016 03:18 AM
SAS Employee

The Renew functionality was enabled in the SAS Deployment Manager in the 9.4M3 release.  If you have an earlier version of 9.4, that could explain why it's not showing up there.

You mention you're using SAS locally.  If you haven't specifically installed SAS Foundation locally, you wouldn't see the Renew SAS Software utility in your Start menu (e.g., if you had installed EG locally but were connecting to a SAS Server on a different computer).  If you *have* installed SAS Foundation locally, I would suggest calling Tech Support for them to help you determine why you're not seeing the renewal option in your Start menu.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation