BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I'm using SAS 9.4 locally and I need to import the new license file for SAS.

I followed the instruction file, but under the utilities folder, there isn't Renew SAS software:

Go to Start -> All applications -> SAS -> Utilities -> Renew SAS software.

I also tried to run SAS Deployment manager 9.4(as administrator) but there

isn't such option to choose either.

Where and how can I do this?(Windows 7 is installed on my computer)

Doriana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The Renew functionality was enabled in the SAS Deployment Manager in the 9.4M3 release.  If you have an earlier version of 9.4, that could explain why it's not showing up there.

You mention you're using SAS locally.  If you haven't specifically installed SAS Foundation locally, you wouldn't see the Renew SAS Software utility in your Start menu (e.g., if you had installed EG locally but were connecting to a SAS Server on a different computer).  If you *have* installed SAS Foundation locally, I would suggest calling Tech Support for them to help you determine why you're not seeing the renewal option in your Start menu.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

If you cannot find the Renew SAS Software tool from the WIN Start Menu then, Try locate sasrenew.exe in  ~\SAS Foundation\9.4\core\sasinst\sasrenew.

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The Renew functionality was enabled in the SAS Deployment Manager in the 9.4M3 release.  If you have an earlier version of 9.4, that could explain why it's not showing up there.

You mention you're using SAS locally.  If you haven't specifically installed SAS Foundation locally, you wouldn't see the Renew SAS Software utility in your Start menu (e.g., if you had installed EG locally but were connecting to a SAS Server on a different computer).  If you *have* installed SAS Foundation locally, I would suggest calling Tech Support for them to help you determine why you're not seeing the renewal option in your Start menu.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation