BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
unnati
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

Can anyone help me to understand remote Summit Submit in SAS. what is Remote Submit ? how this work ?? 

I am not able to find any document to read so, any document share is appreciated.

Thank you

Unnati

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@unnati,

Did you mean RSUBMIT statement?

unnati
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes. But i would like to understand whole concept of it. that it work.
alexal
SAS Employee

@unnati,

Sure, you can start from here: What is SAS/CONNECT?

MargaretC
SAS Employee

Remote Submit (RSUBMIT) is part of SAS/CONNECT software.  It allows a SAS session to talk to a different SAS session.  These SAS sessions can be on different machines (i.e. UNIX and Windows OR LINUX and z/OS).  You are able to submit SAS code from one session to a different session; the code will run on the different session; and then the results will come back to the initial session.

RSUBMIT is used with SAS Grid Manager to take a long running SAS job and distribute it across multiple systems (or SAS sessions) to enable the long running SAS job to run faster.  Here is an old SAS Global Forum paper that discusses this concept.  http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi27/p279-27.pdf   The MP Connect feature is this paper is using RSUBMIT statements

AndrewHowell

Remote Summit? Smiley Surprised

Maybe an online, globally-streamed SAS Global Forum?? Smiley LOL [Don't get me started..]

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation