Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Really Long Log In Times for Studio

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Really Long Log In Times for Studio

We are using a 5 node grid environment with LSF 7.06, SAS 9.4, and Studio 3.5.  We have 1 non-clustered middle tier server with ~100 users signed in at any given time.  All servers are Windows.  We use host authentication with Kerberos and users authenticate against one of our AD domains.  Since the beginning of this implementation, it takes us 1.5 - 3 minutes from clicking sign to getting into Studio.  I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience with really long login times?  We already installed a LSF patch that allows for the LSB_JUSAGE_UPDATE=N setting in our lsf.config file where we sacrifice job-level metrics for shorter login times, but that difference was marginal.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-14-2017 07:36 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Really Long Log In Times for Studio

dgower and I discussed this issue offline and I recommended opening a track.  Our Grid support team has settings they can check/set to improve performance time if anyone else is experiencing this.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Contributor

Not until now.  Thanks for that.  Although it offers no solutions and is mostly others' experiences with long login times.  I will plan to tweak the mbd and sbd sleep settings to see if that helps.

Solution
‎08-14-2017 07:36 AM
SAS Employee

dgower and I discussed this issue offline and I recommended opening a track.  Our Grid support team has settings they can check/set to improve performance time if anyone else is experiencing this.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation