BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sys_eng
Calcite | Level 5

I am an IT Consultant looking to become educated somewhat on SAS.  My experience has been primarily in Project Management, Resource Planning, and Business Analysis; however, I was also the Project Engineer for several large Teradata warehouse installations.  I have been called for some PM contract work but the customers sometimes want some familiarity with SAS.  I cannot afford the expensive courses and seminars and the local college does not offer a course on SAS.  A Project Manager does not need to know the intricacies of an architecture or program but does need a grasp on how it works, features, and language/terms.

I would truly appreciate any suggestions on gaining an overview of SAS features and operation.

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I would start reading through the "Products & Solutions" area at www.sas.com

Googling using keywords "sas architecture overview" returned me this link which might be the depth of information you're after: http://www.sas.com/offices/europe/finland/esitykset/SAS_Russell.pdf

Not sure if there are also PM centered trainings - but it might be worth contacting your local SAS office and ask.

In a lot of countries there are also user group meetings/presentations and regular events which might be worth attending. Your local SAS office should be able to give you all this information.

sys_eng
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Patrick, that is the best overview I have seen yet.  I saw a few videos but they were much like TV advertisements that did not really provide any information.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation