Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Project Manager looking for an overview of SAS

New Contributor

Project Manager looking for an overview of SAS

I am an IT Consultant looking to become educated somewhat on SAS.  My experience has been primarily in Project Management, Resource Planning, and Business Analysis; however, I was also the Project Engineer for several large Teradata warehouse installations.  I have been called for some PM contract work but the customers sometimes want some familiarity with SAS.  I cannot afford the expensive courses and seminars and the local college does not offer a course on SAS.  A Project Manager does not need to know the intricacies of an architecture or program but does need a grasp on how it works, features, and language/terms.

I would truly appreciate any suggestions on gaining an overview of SAS features and operation.

Respected Advisor

Re: Project Manager looking for an overview of SAS

I would start reading through the "Products & Solutions" area at www.sas.com

Googling using keywords "sas architecture overview" returned me this link which might be the depth of information you're after: http://www.sas.com/offices/europe/finland/esitykset/SAS_Russell.pdf

Not sure if there are also PM centered trainings - but it might be worth contacting your local SAS office and ask.

In a lot of countries there are also user group meetings/presentations and regular events which might be worth attending. Your local SAS office should be able to give you all this information.

New Contributor

Re: Project Manager looking for an overview of SAS

Thanks Patrick, that is the best overview I have seen yet.  I saw a few videos but they were much like TV advertisements that did not really provide any information.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation