BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DanielKaiser
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have a problem with the standalone install  for EG8.3.
Right now, we used the standard SDW installation for our EG-Installation.
We deploy software using DSM. 

Now we wanted to move to the standalone installation, cause it is much faster and less error-prone.
Before we install, there is always a sasdm.exe -uninstallall to ensure a clean environment.

But now - we have a problem. The installation runs fine at the first run. But when I run the installation again - the uninstall seems to be frozen - till the timeout after about 2 hours. 
Does -uninstallall not work for standalone-installations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanielKaiser
Pyrite | Level 9

Got it solved. We hat the sasdm.exe and the setup.exe whitelisted to the virusscan but missed the Zulu java.exe.
After adding the java.exe to the whitelist, everything works fine 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @DanielKaiser 

As per the guide that comes with the independent installer it says that the process of removing the software is different. You can read more about it under section "Appendix A — Independent Installation of SAS Products" -> sub section "Uninstallation"

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

DanielKaiser
Pyrite | Level 9

@Kurt_Bremser yeah, I am sure that works, but I have to automate the (de)installation for ~800 ClientPCs. We have to use DSM for this.

How ever I did some further investigations:
The Uninstall is done, when SAS freezes. That means, the log says, EG is uninstalled and starts to cleanup the directory - but the java.exe (Zulu) stays running. 
Seems like this is the problem. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Sounds like a problem for SAS Tech Support.

DanielKaiser
Pyrite | Level 9

Got it solved. We hat the sasdm.exe and the setup.exe whitelisted to the virusscan but missed the Zulu java.exe.
After adding the java.exe to the whitelist, everything works fine 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation