BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bl_jyskebank_dk
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a CosmosDB in Azure running MongoDB interface. I try to access it from our RedHat Linux server. I have opened a firewall port and I can telnet IP address and port in Azure from the server. Still I cannot make my ODBC connection through SAS Work. I use CDATA ODBC driver for MongoDB. It has the following odbc.ini:

[AZURE_MLU]
Driver=/opt/cdata/cdata-odbc-driver-for-mongodb/lib/libmongodbodbc.x64.so
Database=somedatabase
Password=somepassword
Port=10255
Server=someserver.documents.azure.com
User=someuser

Libname statement is:

LIBNAME mylib ODBC DATASRC=AZURE_MLU;

It returns an error:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: Unable to read the header of reply message response to 0.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Any idea what this Means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bl_jyskebank_dk
Obsidian | Level 7

CDATA has just informed us that the MongoDB driver is not well suited for our purpose. They recommend the CosmosDB driver. It Works! We have now connected our virtual RedHat Linux driven SAS v9.4 to CosmosDB in Azure. We can browse data through a libname. We will now begin to test performance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bl_jyskebank_dk,

before any test of the ODBC connection from SAS, your DBAs or system admins must show you evidence they have configured the drivers, and the connections, and that they can connect to the db and query data, from the OS command line. Could they?

bl_jyskebank_dk
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply. I will ask them and get back to you.

bl_jyskebank_dk
Obsidian | Level 7

Just tried from commandline. Same faulty answer:

sas@sf120lx00005:/etc$isql -v "CDATA_MongoDB_Source"

[08001][unixODBC]Unable to read the header of reply message response to 0.

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

sas@sf120lx00005:/etc$

Asked the administrator (ODBC installer) to look into it.

bl_jyskebank_dk
Obsidian | Level 7

CDATA has just informed us that the MongoDB driver is not well suited for our purpose. They recommend the CosmosDB driver. It Works! We have now connected our virtual RedHat Linux driven SAS v9.4 to CosmosDB in Azure. We can browse data through a libname. We will now begin to test performance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation