BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi masters!

I got an error with the Apache balance-manager, and i dont know how to solve this problem.

When I access to balance manger i see:

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx_cluster1

In this section the status show me Err.

Anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

@JuanS_OCS I solved the problem!! 😉

The problem was in the JVM parameters. I changed them and the SASServer1_1 work again.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

Can you please provide some more details about specifically what kind of error you encounter?

A screenshot of the browser and the error message you see might be a useful to others to understand what is in front of you.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Thx @SimonDawson

Here is the image. In the status sometimes show me Err. now seems to be ok but when I try to access to SAS Visual Analytics I get the HTTP 401 Unauthorized.

Capture11.PNG

And in the webserver log i got this error:

(OS 10061)No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.  : proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed 

[error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for xxxx.xxxxx.xxxx

[client xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: D:/SAS/Config/Lev1/Web/WebServer/htdocs/favicon.ico

Kind regards

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Here is the sample, now I got the error.

Untitled.png

if i open cmd and execute netstat -nao | findstr :8080 i dont see any process listening on the port 8080, but the service of webserver is still running.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JuanDaniel,

I might be wrong, but I can imagine that your pool of connections of your SASServer1_1 is getting full. Hence, SASserver1_1 (port 8080) is closing the connection from time to time.

You can always monitor and set alerts with the SAS Environment Manager on the Web Server and the Web Application Servers, even on a application level. A lot. This would be my recommendation to understand better your problem.

In case I am right, you can always goto the guide to middle tier tuning and extend the Pool of Connections https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appsrvtuning/69859/HTML/default/viewer.htm

After the changes, you will need to restart the middle tier, preferably all of it.

Do you have a clustered middle tier? a HW load balancer as an F5? 

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

thx @JuanS_OCS

I can not acces to Environment manager. When I try to access to EVM i got the error: Http 500: Internal Server Error. Now the Balancer Manager dont show any error but when I trying to login in SAS VA i got the error HTTP 401.

Kind regards

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Well, instead of SAS Environment Manager, you could always connect to the JMX of your resources with JConsole.

Since it (best practice) requires the installation of JDK 8, I would like to recommend to install it on a separate machine then use JConsole from the to the SAS JMX port.

Which is the connection that SAS Environment Manager does in the background for monitoring JVM resources 😉

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bimtag&docsetTarget=n0bz76sd2suxr3n1l4fk03bqstrr.htm&docsetVe...

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/management/jconsole.html

Anyway, I would expect you might have such or any kind of errors in the Application server logs. Don't you? 

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS

In the server.log i got this message:

ERROR (tomcat-http--46) [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/SASLogon].[cas]] Servlet.service() for servlet [cas] in context with path [/SASLogon] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.jasig.cas.services.UnauthorizedServiceException: service.not.authorized] with root cause
org.jasig.cas.services.UnauthorizedServiceException: service.not.authorized

Is it normal that the file tmlogxxxx.log is it updating and renaming every 2 seconds?

and in the wrapper log i got:

ERROR | wrapper | 2018/05/02 08:51:18 | JVM appears hung: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
ERROR | wrapper | 2018/05/02 08:51:23 | JVM did not exit on request, terminated

Kind regards

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @JuanDaniel,

yes, tm logs updates very quickly. Actually in some (very few) cases you need to fine tune it a bit because it could cause I/O disturbance if your server is on SAN ans sharing storage with other services. Do not worry about it too much for now.

The one I cannot understand at this moment is the one of the cas service that is unauthorized ... have you recently made changes to the sastrust user?  Perhaps you might need to extend the log info for SASServer1_1 or even SASLogon to a debug level, temporary. Remeber to restore the config once you get the info 

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS

No i dont change anyting for the sastrust user. 

I dont know how is the process for extend the log or extend the SASLogon to the debug level but i'm going try to find it!

thx!!

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS

In SASLogon.log i found this messages:

2018-05-02 14:22:03,219 [tomcat-http--2] ERROR com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.tickets.TicketsController - error.authentication.credentials.bad org.jasig.cas.ticket.TicketCreationException: error.authentication.credentials.bad

2018-05-02 14:22:03,112 [tomcat-http--29] ERROR com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.tickets.TicketsController - service.not.authorized
org.jasig.cas.services.UnauthorizedServiceException: service.not.authorized

Kind regards

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

@JuanS_OCS I solved the problem!! 😉

The problem was in the JVM parameters. I changed them and the SASServer1_1 work again.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JuanDaniel,

glad to read! What are the changed that you made on SASServer1_1?

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @JuanS_OCS

I change the parameters of SASServer1_1 to:

SASServer1_1

-Xms8192m –Xmx8192m -XX:PermSize=768m -XX:MaxPermSize=1280m

In the wrapper.conf and in the setenv.bat

Kind regards.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation