Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Problem was encountered while configuring SAS Web Application Server Configuration on SAS 9.4

Contributor jei
Contributor

Problem was encountered while configuring SAS Web Application Server Configuration on SAS 9.4

Hi!

I'm installing SAS 9.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and I encountered error on stage 11.2, Start Web Application Server. It seems that the problem is "Timeout reached before port closed. (sasva:8080)".

error.png

Attached is the log.

Hope you can help me to fix the error.

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Problem was encountered while configuring SAS Web Application Server Configuration on SAS 9.4

HI @jei;

Have you turned off the firewall or configured ports in firewall to allow communication ?

Contributor jei
Contributor

Re: Problem was encountered while configuring SAS Web Application Server Configuration on SAS 9.4

HI @Kalind_Patel,

Yes, firewall is off and I already configured ports. But error still persist.

SAS Employee

Check the logs for SASServer1 (what should be coming up on port 8080), Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/*.log and Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/logs/server.log - you should either find errors, or a succesful start (but after the timeout expired) 

Contributor jei
Contributor

I checked the path where the server.log resides but there's no server.log file.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation