BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Donna_SAS
SAS Employee

As a Product Manager for SAS, one of my challenges is clarifying capabilities that are important to our customers, and distinguishing “interesting” capabilities from those you, our customers, view as “top priority”. Today I’m looking for your feedback about the upgrade process for metadata-based deployments.

For many of the SAS client software – desktop and web-based – SAS has a requirement that the version of the client must be kept in synch with the version of the servers. Is this an acceptable process for you? How do you coordinate upgrades of SAS servers with upgrades of SAS clients – in terms of planning, timing,  staff, or other considerations?

If this topic is important to you, please complete this poll.  If you would like to talk more, send me a note!  Donna Bennett

https://communities.sas.com/polls/1029

1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Donna,

(Already answered poll).  Our SAS server (*nix) users generally don't use the EGuide client at all; we are just trying that out.  They generally run programs in batch mode (both for the audit trail and performance reasons).

Our PC SAS users are generally just running local servers, so the client-server communication is easier, though the install is harder to manage.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation