BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

SAS: 9.4M3

Platform Suite: LSF and PM are 9.1.3.

I keep seeing the following message in the jfd.log file for Platform Process Manager.

2016 Mar 16 08:19:26 61504 61673 3 Exception 15: Invalid request received. Ignoring the request.
2016 Mar 16 08:19:26 61504 61668 3 Exception 15: Invalid request received. Ignoring the request.
2016 Mar 16 08:19:31 61504 61676 3 Exception 15: Invalid request received. Ignoring the request.
2016 Mar 16 08:19:31 61504 61671 3 Exception 15: Invalid request received. Ignoring the request.
2016 Mar 16 08:19:36 61504 61670 3 Exception 15: Invalid request received. Ignoring the request.
2016 Mar 16 08:19:36 61504 61674 3 Exception 15: Invalid request received. Ignoring the request.

Everything appears to be working correctly in my environment, including PM.  Scheduled jobs are all working fine, but I've seen this since the original installation.

As you can see, it happens a couple times every 5 seconds or so. 

The only thing I can think of is that we have a F5 setup for primary/failover for this service/port and others on this machine.  Could it be getting pinged by the F5 and registering this as an invalid request?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok, I was right 🙂

From SAS Tech Support:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  After researching this error in our database.  We have seen this message in the the jfd very often. Here is a very good explanation....

Basically, from the above entries we can tell that this is not an error of JFD, which means you do not have any impact when using process manager just like you said. To me, it looks like some other applications were trying to call JFD via the port that JFD is using via HTTP. However, JFD does not recognize these requests and would ignore them without establishing the connections. In my opinion, the sources of these requests are unknown but other applications from the log information. However, it is safe to say it is not an issue with JFD and would not impact any functionality of Process Manager.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok, I was right 🙂

From SAS Tech Support:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  After researching this error in our database.  We have seen this message in the the jfd very often. Here is a very good explanation....

Basically, from the above entries we can tell that this is not an error of JFD, which means you do not have any impact when using process manager just like you said. To me, it looks like some other applications were trying to call JFD via the port that JFD is using via HTTP. However, JFD does not recognize these requests and would ignore them without establishing the connections. In my opinion, the sources of these requests are unknown but other applications from the log information. However, it is safe to say it is not an issue with JFD and would not impact any functionality of Process Manager.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 1 in conversation