BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS Current version: 9.04.01M4P110916

Is the SAS/ACCESS Interface to Amazon Redshift required to use the PROC S3 procedure to connect to a S3 bucket? 

There are several SAS programmers that require access to the S3 bucket. Is there one config file for all SAS programmers or need to add the config file in each SAS programmer /home/username Linux directory?

5 REPLIES 5
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Jlochoa

If the programmers are using a centralized account (the same credentials) then a single directory would be fine. If they each have their own accounts they will need to have individual directories so that their keys are not shared.

Best wishes,
Jeff

Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jeff,

Is there a way to set server side encryption in the Proc S3 config file or some other way. The S3 bucket requires this encryption.

Thanks,

jose

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I have played a little with this using SAS 9.4m5, not sure if there are any changes from 9.4m4.

Basically I was experimenting with just storing PROC S3 format configuration files in users home directories.  For each bucket they need to access have them create a file text file in the .ssh directory with the name of the bucket can content like:

ssl=yes
keyID=key1
secret=key2
region=useast

Then they can do something like:

* Copy file to S3 ;
%let bucket=mybucket;
proc s3 config="~/.ssh/&bucket";
  put "myfile" "/&bucket/myfile";
run;
Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Tom,

I created the .ssh directory in my /home/username directory and added the tks3.conf file. Unfortunately, the access denied error message in the log file

ERROR: Could not put file.

ERROR: Access Denied
jeclev
SAS Employee

The .tks3.conf file does not go in the .ssh directory. It should be in your home directory.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation