BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

we are running 5node grid and every day one of the objectspwnerlog is getting big(upto 40gb) and causing probs.... we are 99% sure only one node's objectspwner log is full (we deleted objectspwner_node4.log for last 2 days..not sure thats coincidence to happen for only node4)... we dont remember changing anything recently in log.config.xml or in SMC/loggers... help us so that we wont face same problem tomoro morning..!?

6 REPLIES 6
alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

Run this in the command line:

ps -ef | grep objspawn

-logconfigloc is pointing to which file? Please attach this file to review.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Here is the file, we just got the big log file.... if you need i can attach the big 13gb file

alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

Are you sure that the object spawner uses this file? I do not see anything crazy there.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

we just cracked it, we checked the log and it has too many lines of below entry, and we realized it is because of a node going down in grid environment... thank you very much for the prompt response @alexalalexa, meybe they named it after you alexa... 🙂 🙂

The load balancing processor could not send update to peer (A5RZ7YZK.AY000003_@lexvpsas05.sce.com)

alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

You are welcome. Let me know if you need any further help.

SriLaxman
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, 

What were the steps taken to fix the node going down in grid environment?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation