BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
harsht283raj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

My sas SPDS server is based on UNIX and I am trying to connect to sas SPDS server using ODBC connecter (I have installed SAS ODBC driver on my local machine OS: windows) and try to do it similar to the documentation provided by sas. But I am not able to connect to it. Please let me know if anyone has tried doing so. 

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

"But I am not able to connect to it."

This is more or less "it doesn't work".

You provide us nothing that could help in investigating the issue.

What message(s) are you getting?

How did you set up the ODBC connection (which parameters are set)?

How do those parameters correspond to your SAS setup (server- and usernames, passwords, ports etc)?

harsht283raj
Calcite | Level 5

Well Thanks for English Correction.. I think we are taking about something different here.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi there,

Some questions:

Answers to these questions will help us to troubleshoot.

Best,

Anja

harsht283raj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Anja,

Below are my server details

its a SPD 5.2 SPDS server

I am following exactly the below tutorials for creating the ODBC connection

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/spdsug/67140/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0d2bbuq1jkfnun1ksj...

Point is I am able to connect to both SPD and SPDSNET server. I can check this in log and I see connection successful. Once I connect ODBC the connection hangs after that and nothing happens which SPd OR SPDSNET remain connected and my application remain stuck

Installation Steps :

1. Downloaded SAS ODBC drivers from the link   https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1574

2. After Installation as mentioned here http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/spdsug/67358/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0d2bbuq1jkfnun1ksj...

I downloaded the files and copied the spds.dll file and all the .m files to my SAS ODBC  installation directory folder

3. Opened the server panel i ODBC configuration box added below information

SERVER : severname.spdssnet

TCIP (cofiguration box)

Server address : server_network_address

Username: user

Password: ******

OPTIONS: DBQ='tmp' HOST='server_network_address' SERV='5400'

What Am I doing wrong here...

SAS_issue.JPG
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Well the SAS version shouldn't matter here since it's not part of this setup.
I assume that connecting from SAS is working, perhaps even from the same client...
So, nothing in the SPDS logs?
Perhaps this kind of trouble shooting is better dealt with in cooperation with SAS tech support.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation