BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
siddhu1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Team,

We are having the problem in seeing the libraries of the Oracle database. 

Earlier it used to work, now we are unable to see the libraries of Oracle in the SAS EG under:

Servers pane  ----> SASApp ---> Libraries

Able to see the Oracle libraries and tables in the SMC, but not in SAS EG.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddhu

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Libraries would not be visible in Enterprise Guide if they are set up to preassign and that assignment failed. If you turn off preassignment in SAS Management Console then they should appear in Enterprise Guide and you can try to assign them manually to see why they are failing to assign.

Another possibility is your user does not have Read Metadata permission on the library.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
siddhu1
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the reply.

May I know, where can I see the logs for the failed oracle libraries in the linux server.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddhu1

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
By default the workspace server logs that would be attempting this assignment are not enabled.
You can turn it on using the steps documented here:

Create a Log File for Workspace Server Troubleshooting
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bisag/p0atyzdgfzbsjfn1j4bbbt14ic7t.htm

Then a log would be created in <SASConfig>/Levn/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/Logs (by default)
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Alternatively, if your Oracle libraries are not preassigned, there is a setting in later versions of EG which causes unassigned libraries not to be visible. Compare these two screenshots (EG 8.3):

Nigel_Pain_0-1681828944041.png 

Nigel_Pain_1-1681828981001.png

You'll see that the bracketed libraries (unassigned) are greyed out in the second one. The circled button toggles whether unassigned libraries are visible. This may not be the cause in your case but it's something which has caught out a few of my users.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Another way to troubleshoot this is to create an Oracle LIBNAME statement with exactly the same settings as in your metadata library definition. If the LIBNAME works then there is nothing wrong with the Oracle connection settings and the problem is with the metadata permissions.

Also, I always define this metadata library option in external database connections to ensure tables show in EG without having to register them:

SASKiwi_0-1681848477752.png

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation