BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
carlarjenkins
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All:

My name is Carla Jenkins. I am a new SAS Administrator, new to this community, and Management Console. I am looking for help with these three things that I see come across the network the most:

• How to grant/remove permissions
  • How to kill a process
  • How to refresh a stored process

Moreover, please provide me with any resources that will help me learn more about SAS Management Console on my own. Thanks in advance. Take care.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
    - This is done in the Authorization tab of a metadata object. Always deny globally (eg for SASUSERS), and allow selectively
  • How to kill a process
    - which process? Defined servers can be stopped via SMC, others need to be killed via operating system. See the OS documentation.
    - As soon as the code for a STP (eg by editing the .sas file in the repository) has been modified, the change will take effect

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
    - This is done in the Authorization tab of a metadata object. Always deny globally (eg for SASUSERS), and allow selectively
  • How to kill a process
    - which process? Defined servers can be stopped via SMC, others need to be killed via operating system. See the OS documentation.
    - As soon as the code for a STP (eg by editing the .sas file in the repository) has been modified, the change will take effect
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @carlarjenkins, welcome to the wonderful world of administration!  Have you seen the variety of resources on the SAS Administrators area of the support site?  It includes some videos about top tasks and other getting started help.  Specific questions -- you can count on this community to help -- just post back with those in a new message.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
carlarjenkins
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the warm welcome this link. I will most certainly check it out because I want to learn as much as possible. Once again, thank you!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation