BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RRANI0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using AML 6.3.
Currently , we are making use of Scenario Administrator tab to promote the scenario’s from one environment to another using Export/Import facility.
But I need to mitigate the human efforts to create the .spk file , Is there any way possible to migrate the scenario’s using Command Line. I am looking some option similar to Batch Tool instead of Export /Import Wizard to server the purpose of promotion.

Kindly assist me to achieve this task for Scenario Promotions.

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm never used SAS AML but I believe you could try the batch export / import tools to automate promotion of SPK-stored objects like scenarios:

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n1syras2xz7myan0zvivx72mgx44.htm&docsetVer...

Have you tried them?

RRANI0
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot for your reply!!

But While creating scenario's using AML, it doesn't show any associated metadata in SMC. Batch Export/Import tools can create spk of the files which are registered in SMC. 

I am looking for some option specifically for SAS AML Scenarios , Headers, Alerts.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a track on this with SAS Tech Support, as you are unlikely to find many SAS AML users on the community. I'm curious to know this too, so please update this post if you get an answer.

RRANI0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi , 

Yes , I have already opened the track with SAS helpdesk team, will update here as well once i got solution.

Thanks a lot !!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RRANI0,

I am not completely sure you can automate this task, actually. Last time I checked it was not possible, but you always give a look to the Users and Administration guides ( https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/securedoc/index_aml.html#aml63 ), perhaps there is an update. I cannot access since I do not have a customer with license at this moment, but you will have the codes/

The main reason, as I remember, is that the spk created by the  Scenario Administrator's wizard is executing some internal sas code that is slightly different to the SAS Management Console's or the Batch tool's, looking up other objects, out from the SASFolders structure.

Perhaps if you can locate this sas program, you can automate the input and the output. As always, careful with that, have a good and full backup of your environment before testing new stuff.

RRANI0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Juan, 

Yes.I already have details of two sp's being called at the backend. But I am not sure if this will give me the desired results or what else needs to be required here. 

Stored processes's;  

1.Fcf_sa_import_sp.sas – to import scenario header and routing group

2. Fcf_sa_export_sp.sas -- to export scenario header and routing groups.

It will be great to proceed with next guidelines. 

Regards

Rishu

RRANI0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Juan, 

Yes.I already have details of two sp's being called at the backend. But I am not sure if this will give me the desired results or what else needs to be required here. 

Stored process

1.Fcf_sa_import_sp.sas – to import scenario header and routing group

2. Fcf_sa_export_sp.sas -- to export scenario header and routing groups.

It will be great to proceed with next guidelines. 

Regards

Rishu

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation