BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

My customer wants to update the name of his metadata user.

In the user properties in SAS Management Console, this field is grayed out:

2017-10-05_09-52-18.png

Customer found that when he requests properties of the user from the metadata folder /System/Security/Users, he *can* modify the name:

2017-10-05_09-54-17.png

Can he do this? Will it mess things up?

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Bart,

I remembered there was a discussion about this a while back and a SAS employee mentioned that the user name is used as an "effective foreign key" for external-to-metadata systems which is why changing the name from the user properties dialog was disabled in SAS 9.4. For more info see https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Change-name-in-User-Manager-in-SMC/m-p/...

They mentioned opening a SAS tech support to find out what was involved in propagating the changes.

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Bart,

I remembered there was a discussion about this a while back and a SAS employee mentioned that the user name is used as an "effective foreign key" for external-to-metadata systems which is why changing the name from the user properties dialog was disabled in SAS 9.4. For more info see https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Change-name-in-User-Manager-in-SMC/m-p/...

They mentioned opening a SAS tech support to find out what was involved in propagating the changes.

Cheers

Paul

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Paul.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation