BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sugiyama
Fluorite | Level 6

I am helping students install SAS 9.4 on their PCs using DVD media. I have had a couple of students that have had an error in their log on startup saying that the SAS Monospace font was not found. Otherwise SAS 9.4 seems to be installed correctly.

There is a SAS Note on installing SAS fonts, but that is for version 9.2 and 9.3 (SAS Usage note 15682.) The usage note provides SAS fonts in a zip file, but the zip file varies depending on the version.

Do those older zip files still work for 9.4M3? Or should I do an additional installation to get the monospace fonts installed? 

I have been working with PCs with Windows 10 and Macs with Parallels and Windows 10. I think it has happened on each version, but I can't remember.

Alex Sugiyama

University of Arizona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sugiyama
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the suggestion. I was working with a student with a laptop who had his Windows 10 setup in Chinese (Mandarin). We installed the English version SAS 9.4 for Windows on his laptop and that is what he uses.

He was having missing font problems when trying to use SAS/Graph and the graphs weren't being created. The error message was something to the effect of a font needed to create a png file was not found. 

I used the Macro FONTLIST that is in the SAS 9.4 Language Reference: Concepts, Fifth Edition, Printing with SAS, Using Fonts with Universal Printers and SAS/Graph Devices. When we ran the macro, it confirmed that he didn't really have any fonts installed. It looked like he had "terminal" fonts.

I used the strategy of copying all my fonts (files that end with a ttf extention) in my C:\Program Files\SASHome\ReportForClients\9.4 laptop on to a flash drive and then copied the fonts to them to his same location on his computer.

Not surprisingly, the same location on his computer didn't have any fonts. Once he had the fonts, then we saved his code, exited SAS, rebooted (since that can never hurt) and then started SAS up again. When he got his data loaded again and ran his SAS/Graph code he now got output.

Thanks much, this worked!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

When installing read through the list of products/options. You may have missed a checkbox. 

I'll move this question to deployment forum so others, more knowledgeable, can comment. 

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

what error message are they seeing?

Check the following SAS note to see if this is the error they are receiving.

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/022.html

What you could try (not sure if you want to go that route or rather work with TS) is the following (please take a back up before you do that!!!)

On the environment that does not have the problem, go to

C:\Program Files\SASHome\ReportFontsforClients\9.4

and see if you have the 2 files

mono.tff and monob.tff

If they exist, copy them into the same folder in the environment where you have the mono space problems.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Anja

sugiyama
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the suggestion. I was working with a student with a laptop who had his Windows 10 setup in Chinese (Mandarin). We installed the English version SAS 9.4 for Windows on his laptop and that is what he uses.

He was having missing font problems when trying to use SAS/Graph and the graphs weren't being created. The error message was something to the effect of a font needed to create a png file was not found. 

I used the Macro FONTLIST that is in the SAS 9.4 Language Reference: Concepts, Fifth Edition, Printing with SAS, Using Fonts with Universal Printers and SAS/Graph Devices. When we ran the macro, it confirmed that he didn't really have any fonts installed. It looked like he had "terminal" fonts.

I used the strategy of copying all my fonts (files that end with a ttf extention) in my C:\Program Files\SASHome\ReportForClients\9.4 laptop on to a flash drive and then copied the fonts to them to his same location on his computer.

Not surprisingly, the same location on his computer didn't have any fonts. Once he had the fonts, then we saved his code, exited SAS, rebooted (since that can never hurt) and then started SAS up again. When he got his data loaded again and ran his SAS/Graph code he now got output.

Thanks much, this worked!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation