BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi masters!

We have an old environment that works in a local machine, this machine only have Enterprise Guide.

Now we have an SAS Server, and we want migrate the actual content to the Server. What is the best mode to do this task?

If i define the same libraries in the server, it's enought? Then, if I import a project in another pc with EG and connected to the SAS server, the project will works?

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8
Yes, only in desktop environment and in every EG project.

Thx
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

So you have code within a project that assigns libraries? Probably in the autoexec section of the project?

I'd suggest that you pull as many library definitions as you can out of individual projects and make them global, either by writing them into autoexec_usermods.sas files on the server or (preferred nowadays) by defining your libraries in metadata. The obvious advantage of centralized library definitions is the fact that you maintain them in only one place. If you have to shift physical locations, you only have to change one definition. Same if you need to tinker with permissions.

Once the logical framework is set up, move your existing data to the new platform. Use either proc cport/cimport, or SAS/CONNECT if you have that licensed. Create cntlout datasets from existing custom formats, and use those as cntlin files on the server. Still better: make sure that all proc format code is migrated to the server.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation