BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VivekGau
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

During the installation of middle tier server, I ran into an issue with configuring SAS Web Application Server Configuration.

Error Message:
  Application Server has started, however web applications with the following contexts failed to start. Please refer to
Application Server logs for more details.
SASLogon
SASWIPServices
SASStoredProcess
SASWIPClientAccess
SASContentServer
SASAuthorizationServices
SASWorkflowWebServices
SASSharedApps
SASBIWS
SASTemplateEditor
SASIdentityServices
SASAdmin
SASWorkflowServices
SASWIPSoapServices
SASPermissionManager
SASThemeDesignerForFlex
SASDeploymentBackup
SASBackupManager
SASPrincipalServices
SASPreferences
SASPackageViewer
SASPortal
SASBIDashboard
SASBIDashboardEventGen
SASJSR168RemotePortlet
SASBIPortlets
 Configuration script: 
/opt/sas/sashome/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/products/cfgwizard__94494__prt__xx__sp0__1/Utilities/AppServer/Source/Ant/appserver_config
.xml  For more information, see the log file located at  /opt/sas/config/Lev1/Logs/Configure/vfabrictcsvr_startMidtierServers_2018-03-12-21.22.53.log 

The logs did mention to refer Application Server Logs but not sure which AS logs I'm supposed to check. However, I did come across logs from SASconfig/Lev1/WebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer/Logs/ on AS and figured that it says that "vdbadm" database does not exists. I just verified that this database does not exist. 

But when I check the server.xml file for WebAppServer12_1, it is referring to VDBService database while using the user vdbadm. If vdbadm is supposed to be an user, why are the logs telling me that vdbadm as database?

<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" factory="com.sas.vfabrictcsvr.atomikos.BeanFactory" maxPoolSize="100" minPoolSize="10" name="sas/jdbc/VDBService" password="${pw.sas.jdbc.VDBService}" testQuery="select 1" type="com.atomikos.jdbc.nonxa.AtomikosNonXADataSourceBean" uniqueResourceName="sas/jdbc/VDBService" url="jdbc:postgresql://sas-compute-pr1.scholastic.net:9432/VDBService" user="vdbadm"/>

Looking forward to the solution

Thanks,

Vivek

1 REPLY 1
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

As you suspected, vdbadm is the userid (an internal metadata user) associated with the VDBService database.  It is not the database itself.  Considering the specific nature of your problem, I believe opening up a track with Tech Support to be in order.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation