BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Tech Experts,

We would like to setup connectivity to MariaDB from SAS using SAS Access,
can any one help us to identify what is the .so file name to make entry on ODBC.ini Driver parameter (Linux),
and configuration steps

Thanks,
Reddy

3 REPLIES 3
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Take a look in the MariaDB website's KnowledgeBase (I don't seem to be able to create any links here). According to this, you need to add something like this to your odbcinst.ini file:

[MariaDB ODBC 3.0 Driver]
Description = MariaDB Connector/ODBC v.3.0
Driver = /usr/lib64/libmaodbc.so

But the path would depend where you've installed the driver.

ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

@Nigel_Pain  Thank you,

which RPM has to install on linux to find "libmaodbc.so" file or do have to procure the licese MariaDB driver ? can we connect thogh SAS Access ?

we have below RPM's in Linux server

MariaDB-common-10.3.23-1.el7.centos.x86_64
MariaDB-compat-10.3.23-1.el7.centos.x86_64
MariaDB-client-10.3.23-1.el7.centos.x86_64

Please help

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sorry, I can't help there, never used that sort of Linux. But looking at version numbers on the MariaDB website I don't think it's any of those. I think they're for installing the DB package. But you probably need the MariaDB Connector/ODBC package if you can find it, or download it from their site. Latest version is 3.1.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation