BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey all,

I'm having troubles with management console (9.4M3) when exporting data queries.

When I do an export of a data query it completes with an error (see error below).

If I import the exported query to another server I end up with a query that I cannot delete. I did found more info about this on the support page where they say its caused by missing data in the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform Database. http://support.sas.com/kb/57/237.html From this I concluded that the problem is a failed export from the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform yet I don't know how to fix this.

Some more info:

- Using an unrestricted metadata user + windows admin user.

- Windows 10 server

INFO  - ******** Exporting Metadata ********
INFO  - Metadata exported successfully.
INFO  - ******** Exporting Content ********
INFO  - Exporting content for Visual data query objects.
INFO  - Reading content for visual data query "INDIV_DETAIL_NL"
ERROR - Could not retrieve the database information for visual data query "INDIV_DETAIL_NL".  Reason org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.convertHttpInvokerAccessException(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:213)
org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.invoke(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:145)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:176)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:198)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:198)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invoke(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:212)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.getServiceByInterface(Unknown Source)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientHttpServiceProxy.initialize(SASClientHttpServiceProxy.java:66)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invokeInternal(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:197)
com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy.invoke(SASClientTicketingProxy.java:212)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.generateUrl(Unknown Source)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getCasUrlViaUrlGenerator(QueryDbUtil.java:137)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.setConfiguration(QueryDbUtil.java:244)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getQuery(QueryDbUtil.java:420)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getQueryReader(QueryDbUtil.java:505)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.VisualDataQueryExportListener.exportContent(VisualDataQueryExportListener.java:111)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.ExportHandler.exportContent(ExportHandler.java:596)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.ExportHandler.runExport(ExportHandler.java:519)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.ExportExecutePanel$ExportThread.launchOperation(ExportExecutePanel.java:76)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.AbstractExecutePanel$ExecutionThread.run(AbstractExecutePanel.java:437)
INFO  - ******** Analyzing Connections ********
INFO  - The following connections will need to be mapped to target values when this package is imported:
2 Table mappings:
   - INDIV_DETAIL_NL
   - INDIV_DETAIL_NL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

The real reason why it didn't work for me was because I was using 'Integrated Windows Authentication' (the single sign-on) to login to the server. For the environment that we have here SSO doesn't work for a few things so we usually don't use it to login. I must have accidently set it in the connection profile.

So my problem was that I accidently set my login to Single sign-on instead of using username and password.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JerryV
SAS Employee
What happens if you try exporting using a metadata user that has access to view and execute the query? If the query accesses an RDBMS I recall some issue using a metadata unrestricted user and RDBMS passwords.
Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

I made a new metadata user, gave him unrestricted access and the export worked.

However I do not know why. I gave the user the same rights as me and the export kept on working. I played a bit with the access and it doesn't seem to be related to RDBMS passwords.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.

Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

The cause of the problem was that I logged in using the single sign-on instead of just filling in my username and password. This is because single sign-on is not configured here.

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8
HI Jerry,
I am getting the same error, I have view and execute access as well for the data queries. Yet i am not able to export the data queries.
Please kindly detail ,how i can rsolve this issue.
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Jensy,

Could you please kindly let me know how you resolved the VA data query export error.I am also  gettging the same error and i tried with all the possibilities with a user who has both view and execute permissions. But while importing the data query i am getting a new error as no instance match found. Please kindly let me know how you have resolved this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

Jensy
Obsidian | Level 7

The real reason why it didn't work for me was because I was using 'Integrated Windows Authentication' (the single sign-on) to login to the server. For the environment that we have here SSO doesn't work for a few things so we usually don't use it to login. I must have accidently set it in the connection profile.

So my problem was that I accidently set my login to Single sign-on instead of using username and password.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation