BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
stuart_snap
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi.

I am doing a new install of SAS on a new server and having a dilly of a time trying to register tables.  It has been 5 years since I last installed SAS, so I am trying to copy what I did before. 

I am trying to read ODBC tables.  I have set up the connection on the server and tested it.  I have set up the Server and connection in the the Server Manager.  I have set up a SQL Server authorized domain (as all of the tutorials I have found do).  I have set up the library in  Data Library Manager.  But, when I go to register table it asks for a username and password (Log On - SASApp).  I have tried all the combo of user names and passwords that we used in the install, but in every case I get  the "ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'WHATEVERIENTER'" error. I thought it would be the username and pass used in the authorization domain.. but that doesnt seem to be in either.

Does anyone know what password it might be looking for?  Any other suggestions?  Thank you!!!

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi Stuart,

For this particular error, it would need to be a MS-SQL server account that has at least read access to the schema and tables you want to register. This MS-SQL account might be a local MS-SQL server account or a WIndows domain account, depending how your SQL is setup. The MS-SQL admins will be able to tell you which account to use.

All the best !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi Stuart,

For this particular error, it would need to be a MS-SQL server account that has at least read access to the schema and tables you want to register. This MS-SQL account might be a local MS-SQL server account or a WIndows domain account, depending how your SQL is setup. The MS-SQL admins will be able to tell you which account to use.

All the best !

stuart_snap
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you!  Yep, you are correct.  there was a miscommunication between me and the off shore team and they had misspelled the new SQL authorization user.  They changed it and we are good to go Thank you!

Stuart

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation