BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
luis_ruizg
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm kind of new on Viya administration, I was admin of 9.4. I have a user experiencing this error, but not sure on what could be related.

ERROR: MAS host access mode specified requires an authenticated host account.

ERROR: Line 187: Module not found.
ERROR: Line 187: DS2 "pymas" package encountered a failure in the 'useMethod' method.

We have SAS Viya 4. I have tried to get him into multiple custom groups, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any idea on what could I look to?

I also was reading something about the CASHostAccountRequired custom group, but not sure if this is necessary or  even related or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, try creating a custom group with the ID "CASHostAccountRequired" and adding the user to this group. This will launch CAS sessions as the user ID.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, try creating a custom group with the ID "CASHostAccountRequired" and adding the user to this group. This will launch CAS sessions as the user ID.
--
luis_ruizg
Calcite | Level 5

I have read more about that custom group, it seems that I only need to:

1. copy the cas-enable-host.yaml file into the overlay folder

2. modify the kustomization.yaml file

3. create the custom group in SAS Environment manager

right? My next question is, do I have to create the users directly on the CAS server? and if we turn down the platform, are they lost?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
In Viya 4 there are no host level accounts that need to be created, the uid/gid numbers are supplied by the identities service. Custom groups and their memberships are stored in the persisted database so would survive a restart.
--
luis_ruizg
Calcite | Level 5

seems now that we have steped into another issue, documented on the documentation as below:

If a user is a member of the CASHostAccountRequired custom group, but has no host account, then SAS Environment Manager cannot access information about the CAS Server. You might observe the following behavior:

• From SAS Environment Manager, the CAS server appears to be down even though it is not. No libraries or tables are displayed.
  • From SAS Data Studio, you receive a connection refused or access denied error message when you attempt to select a CAS server.

We are now experiencing both of them, with no idea on how to fix, any suggestions on what to look?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The cas-enable-host.yaml patches the CASDeployment object, so after applying you may need to restart your CAS server, was this done?
kubectl -n namespace delete pods -l app.kubernetes.io/managed-by=sas-cas-operator
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation