BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mikersas
Obsidian | Level 7

Enterprise Guide is getting difficult to navigate because there are so many libraries.

I'm considering making servers by which I could group these libraries but I haven't done this before.

I wonder if this is this the best approach?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not sure, but I think you can only access one server at a time - which will make it hard to combine data from different servers.

One option could be to teach your users to navigate via the folders structure instead.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Another option is security, do all off your users need to see all libraries?

Barry

mikersas
Obsidian | Level 7

Unfortunately almost all the libraries need to be accessible to most of the users.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not sure, but I think you can only access one server at a time - which will make it hard to combine data from different servers.

One option could be to teach your users to navigate via the folders structure instead.

Data never sleeps
boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

In one project you can run different steps against different servers. All servers can be connected and their libraries be visible in one EG session, too (V4.22).

However, creating the servers will take some effort. Each one needs to be configured to a folder tree under Lev1. I believe the Depoyment Manager wizard can do this, but I dare say you'll have to plan the name of each server carefully. SASApp2, SASApp3 won't cut it. But there are no naming restrictions as far as I know...just what is allowed in the OS.

mikersas
Obsidian | Level 7

I would have to do some re-arranging of folders but this might be the best solution.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation